Prayers for those with Down Syndrome

Sunday, February 16, 2014

This post appeared in Tan Family Chronicles as part of the Pray with Us series.

Prayers for those with Down Syndrome by Simply Lambchops


I was 34 years old when I got pregnant with my third child. Based on my age, I had less than 1% chance of having one with Down Syndrome (DS).  K, my third child, was medically confirmed to have Trisomy 21, or commonly known as Down Syndrome, after birth.

Life after the confirmatory genetic test was heart-breaking, not just for my hubby and I, but to the entire extended family. Many asked if we knew she has DS in utero, and stated all the possible pre-natal testing for DS that we were supposed to take, to see if we missed out any. Some tried to comfort by saying “never mind, since we already gave birth to her, we just have to make the best out of this”. I remember reading more about DS and secretly wished that I hadn’t make that decision Click to read more >>

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Looking for Something Specific?

A part of ...