[Review] Sleep well with the Origin Superior Coolmax® Latex Pillow

Sunday, November 01, 2020

An old Irish proverb says, "A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book." 

With a good pillow and a mattress that is firm enough to support the whole body, it also elevates the quality of sleep without waking up with a stiff neck or shoulder aches. 

Excited with my new pillow!

I'm no expert in pillows but I respond to not-so-good pillows like how The Princess responded to The Pea. I had switched from pillows filled with polyester to feathers and now to memory foam pillows in search of that perfect pillow for myself.  So when the invitation to test out the All-New Origin Superior Coolmax® Latex Pillow from the creators of the award-winning Origin Mattress, I was happy to give it a try.

After using the pillow for a few nights, here's sharing my verdict!

1. Removable Tencel fabric pillowcase

The practical side of me super loves the fact that the pillowcase can be removed to be machine washed! No more unsightly stains to bear with! 

Also, the pillowcase is made of Tencel fabric. I googled and found out that this "luxury" material has so many benefits! Tencel is known for its comfort, hypoallergenic quality and breathability - an important factor for Singapore's hot and humid climate and my fussy rhinitis-nose. A Business Insider article even compares Tencel with cotton as "Kleenex" versus "facial tissue". 

Removable Tencel pillowcase and Natural Latex pillow

2. Good support from the natural latex foam 

I'm usually a back sleeper but I enjoy sleeping on my side as I have snoring issues since young. So I frequently alternate between these two positions during my sleep. The latex pillow is soft yet firm and moulds to the shape of my head to give the right level of support for my spine. The Origin website also states this:
Being impression-resistant, it can also hold its shape for many years while still feeling soft.
I also read that latex foam has hypoallergenic properties. This means less dust, bacteria and mould issues in my bedroom!

My essential plushy sleeping companion!

3. Same day delivery and free shipping 

It's an easy peasy ordering process on the Origin Mattress website and the pillow will be delivered on the same day with free shipping. If you urgently need it delivered within 2 hours, it can be arranged at a shipping charge. 


Though the price of the Origin Superior Coolmax® Latex Pillow is beyond what I would usually pay for a pillow, it is a good investment in return for many nights of better sleep. 

There is a 2-year warranty and it also comes with the promise of a 7-day free return. That certainly gives me the assurance that the company is very confident in their products! 

To more pain-free days ahead!

This post is in collaboration with Best in Singapore and Origin Mattress. 

Also, here are more recommendations on the best pillows you can find in Singapore

For more info on Origin Mattress Singapore: Facebook | Facebook (MY) | Website

For more recommendations from Best in Singapore: Facebook | Instagram 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Looking for Something Specific?

A part of ...